The drydock was built with thick plywood boards, wood glue and nails. The structure was completely covered with
white primer and then sanded, but leaving a concrete-like texture. Painting included numerous realism effects, such
as dirt, water level marks, rust and painting test marks. The stone slabs were moulded in resin, reproduced from an
original piece. In the following picture we can see a detail of the railing on top of the floodgate.
The structure of the floodgate was built as well by using plywood boards; structural details such as beams and
ribs were made of plastic plates and some surfaces were covered with tin sheets. The rusty condition of the floodgate
was achieved by painting with an airbrush different intensities of an orange brown color. Finishing effects were
applied with brush and a diluted, darkened base color paint.
The structure of the crane (roof, cabin, arm, axis gear) was made of plastic plates and elements modified as needed. Some elements were made of brass and the pulleys were moulded in resin from an original piece
made of brass. The base of the crane was moulded in plaster and later engraved with an awl; the counterweights were
made of plaster as well. Painting was made as usual with attention to the detail; even the excrements from the
seagulls have been included in the roof.
The rustic Renault AHN1 truck, commercialized by Azimut, was chosen as the perfect complement for depicting the
labour of the crane downloading the mines, which are brought to the docks to be stored.
The more refined Opel Blitz S truck, commercialized by Italeri, was discarded for the aforementioned function
and instead placed inside a building.
This naval mine is certainly one of the most realistic-looking elements found in the diorama; it was built with plastic
pieces and modeling paste.
The boat was reproduced in resin from an original made of wood. This allowed to preserve the original for using it in
other works. The accessories were taken from commercial kits.
The Diesel locomotive WR 360 C14, as well as the supply wagons, are made from resin and metal parts, and commercialized by
Baluard Models. This compact locomotive was built between 1936 and 1944 for the Wehrmacht.
The torpedoes, as well as the accesories carried by the wagon G20, were reproduced by moulding from original pieces.
The furniture for the office and the machinery and furniture for the worshop were taken from Verlinden Productions.
The workshop includes a workbench with a drilling machine and many accessories, a lathe, a milling machine and many other
elements. Other accessories (barrels, tools and toolboxes) are from Tamiya or Esci. Some elements were achieved by modifying
some commercial accessories. An electric installation was used in certain areas of the diorama to enhance the setting.