A German medium tank Panzerkampfwagen IV of early type, armed with a short 75-millimeter cannon and capable of a maximum speed of
40 kilometers/hour. The PzKpfw IV was initially intended as a support tank for the infantry, while the smaller PzKpfw III would
assume the anti-tank role. However, the production of this latter was discontinued in 1943, for it was too small to accommodate
a turret large enough for a cannon of caliber above 50 millimeters. Because of this the PzKpfw IV replaced it in the anti-tank
role, after being fitted with longer 75-millimeter cannons and stronger armor. The Pzkpfw IV was the workhorse of the
panzerdivisions until the end of the conflict, remaining always a fearsome enemy.
At full for the frontline. A German soldier fills with gasoline the countless jerrycans that will ensure the on-route supply of
the motorized means.
Grouped in staggered rows, a formation of German dive bombers Junkers Ju 87 flies towards its target.
This propaganda photograph published in 1942 shows German personnel loading bombs on a medium bomber Heinkel He 111.
German personnel loading bombs on a medium bomber Heinkel He 111. This aircraft ended its days of service as a transport airplane
because of the enemy air superiority.
A German soldier attacks an enemy fortified position with a flamethrower.
Greeting for a Junkers Ju 88 that is taking off for a mission.
British mariners preparing depth charges onboard an escort vessel. The quick loading of the depth charge launchers required great
caution and a careful team work.
German paratroopers during maneuvers. The first notable operation carried out by these units was linked to the conquest of
Two German aviators carefully fold a parachute after paratrooper practices.
View from the turret towards the prow of a British submarine. In the foreground are visible the 101-millimeter cannon and the
The crew of a German Type VIIC U-Boat greets a tall ship as the submarine passes by. The ship is the Kruzenshtern, superb
school ship that at the end of the war would be surrendered to the Soviet Union as war reparation.
This photograph shows one of three prototypes built in 1934 for a new mail airplane: the Dornier Do 217. The prototypes were
returned to the manufacturer because the very slim fuselage excessively restricted accommodation for passengers.
After some modifications on the design it was created a military version, whose successful formula was produced in several
versions to serve as a tactical bomber.
A Junkers Ju 88 on the moment of taking off. This German polyvalent aircraft served equally as heavy or night fighter, tactical
bomber, dive bomber and torpedo plane.
German aviators equipped with winter skin coats.
A formation of British infantry tanks Valentine advancing across rough terrain.